Sunday, September 6, 2009
Button syndrome
So I think my body is unaware of the time frame that I am working with. I feel like I am going through my teenage years right now. As a teenager I was calm, cool, collected and well adjusted to life and the changes I was going though; even leaving and going off to college was a swift and quick adjustment that I adapted to easily. As a small child I also had such, well mature for lack of a better word, mannerisms. A teacher of mine in high school was convinced that I was actually 30; and I've got the old soul comment for some time. But, recently I have been acting very immature, or at least I believe so. I say immature in the sense that I have been moody bordering on bipolar-typical of a hormonal teenager-and doing semi-irrational and rebellious things; including but not limited to: getting a tattoo, dying my hair, and wanting a motorcycle (a word that I have trouble pronouncing for some reason as with mirror and mayor-strange). This behavior is made worse by the fact that I have recently been hanging with a much older/mature crowd of people verging on their 30s, mostly because my band-mates are so much older; and for some reason the bands we play with as well. It frustrating, because Its not like this is a progression to maturity but a serious regression that's getting hard to control. Sad that I wish I acted like I did when I was a freshmen in high school. Le sigh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss you.
Post a Comment