Friday, February 12, 2010

Frogs

I haven't been here in a while. There are a lot of places I haven't been in a long time. Makes me miss them when I remember how fondly I used to frequent them. And the worst part is how easily they can be forgotten by distance and time. The two great equalizers. But enough metaphysical babbling. On to the topic of this post.

Frogs. We have a giant field behind our house, which normally isn't problem and actually produces nice bird calls when the day is nice. But, due to the immense sudden rains we have been having sporadically for the last month or so, a pond has formed in the middle. And in the pond frogs have appeared. Not just one or two mind you, it sounds like there are hundreds of them. Hundreds of frogs make lots of noise. All the time. It slowly drives me crazy throughout the day and into the night. They are louder than drunk people, and they go through closed windows and doors without a problem. I don't know how much longer I can hold out before i go crazy from all the noise. I have to try and not dwell on it too much.

Almost caught up to the end on Nodame, if anyone was interested. It's made me realize how much I love the French composers piano works. Something about Satie, Debussy, and Chopin that I just cant resist. So much sustain pedal and long drawn out harmonies that just float lushly around, and then occasionally come crashing down. Just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Those are really the only two things I had to right about the the rest is going to be rant.

Drinking beer right now preparing to play a party 45min set for some girls birthday at nine. Supposed to try out a new bass player tomorrow for the band in ventura and then because the lady has work sunday we are having our V-day things tomorrow. She has something planned but I have only been told a few things, which include:its something like a competition, nontraditional, I'm supposed to wear sturdy underwear, and I may think its foolish. I'm a little worried and I hope it doesn't have anything to do with beach. Then Sunday I am recording some reggaeton artist at the studio I have an internship at and maybe getting some much needed laundry done.

I need to buy heavier weights to work out effectively, as it stands I only have two ten pound dumbbells, but I should really be using like 25 or 30 pound ones. Gonna have to spend more money on that. I also have to get ride of my car and start using the band tour van until I get a new car sometime in the summer. Thats going to be interesting, for anyone who has seen pictures of the van its more than intriguing. At least it has nice carpeting and will be good for naps. And it can fit a whole lot of people. Trying to look on the bright side of things.

Well that is just about it, considering I have to get going and play that show. Hopefully people appear and we aren't playing to an empty room. I've done it before, its very sad.

No comments: